Estate from the end of the 18th century (1780) whose architect was none other than Gabriel, a student of Victor Louis (architect of the Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux). It was built by Mr de Melet, member of the parliament of Guyenne. This manor was for decades the summer residence of the archbishops of Bordeaux.
A central body and two parallel and symmetrical wings make up a very “French” whole in its design. The “West” wing fully houses the winery (vats and barrels) while the “East” wing contains accommodation and storage rooms. Sheepfolds, a mill, agricultural buildings and various dwellings form a homogeneous architectural ensemble. All this allows for a wide variety of activities which make up the charm of this site close to Bordeaux and Libourne.
It was in 1930 that the Glotin family acquired it and Henriette Glotin operated it for 40 years. She was one of the first women winegrowers and led the estate with passion. Then Paul developed the exploitation to return it to its original surface fragmented over the centuries. Today, Yves manages Goudichaud in the same spirit of respect for traditions and development.
The surface area of the estate is 120 hectares, made up of vineyards (60ha), forests and meadows. Its particularity is to represent a single enclosure whose boundaries are natural (river and forest). This is the charm of this space protected by nature which lives with respect for it.